8.12.2015

We Got Married!

As I'm sure most of you know by now Steven and I got married last week! It was a beautiful day in Nauvoo, IL! We were blessed to be surrounded by family and loved ones and wouldn't have changed a thing!

Hold on tight because there are a lot of pictures for this one!! 


Here is the view we got of the city on our plane ride to Chicago. What view you ask? No view because it is always cloudy there (at least the clouds were cool)!


This is us shortly after coming out of the temple! We are so married! 


I love my girls! It was so great to be able to see all of my siblings with their kids and spouses! 


"Shelby, look happy!" 


My cutie patootie family (missed you Tom)! They all came and the kids were so well behaved for the 70584293 pictures we took that day. I was a proud aunt! 



Steven's sister snapped this of us when our photographer was posing us and getting some pictures. I love it. I love the temple. I love Steven! 


Next was our Chicago open house! It was at my parent's home and it was beautiful! My family did an amazing job with decorations and food and everything. It was perfect! 


Typical us! 


I love my siblings so much! Angie selfie'd with me, that was fun! 


This kid knows the way to my heart! I love his sweet little cheek kisses! 


TOM! Tom was able to be at the reception and that was great! The whole gang was there! (Dex's face is great in this picture)


Our beautiful cake! I love the way it turned out! 


We have now moved on to the honeymoon in Chicago portion of this post (#chitownHoneymoon on insta). Get excited. Not to brag, but I'm pretty good at taking pictures on my phone. ;)
This was the lobby of our hotel in the city, pretty fancy! 
This was the view from our hotel room. AMAZING. They put us on the top floor with a city view. We couldn't have asked for a better view! 


Our first night of dinner was to Rainforest Cafe. Pretty cool in there. Pretty cool. The downside to this restaurant is that there are approximately 3674348 kids there having birthday parties and it gets a little loud. Steven had never been to one though, so we thought it would be fun! We thought right! 


Our first night in the city I got a mean craving for a Sprinkles cupcake, so we walked there from our hotel and we saw this super cool little sculpture on a window (notice the carousel horse in the window).


Ahh. Sweet, sweet Sprinkles. I missed you. 


YUM. There really is no cupcake better than the red velvet one from Sprinkles. It's just perfect. Steven really liked his too! Then again he likes anything with chocolate and peanut butter. 


Our next outing was to Millennium Park and we saw the famous bean. What a beauty and what a lovely family picture I managed to accidentally capture :)


Bean selfie! Everyone does it. 


Oh hey there good looking! 


What a wonderful city it is. 


Corner Bakery lunch! YUM. That place sure knows how to make pesto!


Sears Tower (I will not call it the Willis Tower)! I thought this was a cool little sign they had when we were walking up! 


Steven is basically the same height as Jordan.


Oprah and I are one in the same. I bet her dress was red in that picture too.


After waiting in lines forever we made it to the actual skydeck! Pretty cool guys. Pretty cool. 


Pretty cool views up there!! 


We were strongly encouraged to go on the river architecture tour from many of our friends and family. Guess what? We did it! It was beautiful and super interesting! If you haven't done this and you live near Chicago... Just do it! 


Donald Trump isn't my favorite, but you have to admit that his tower is pretty dang cool. 


The city is just so beautiful. I can't even think of words to describe it. 


Trump Tower pt. 2. We got up close and personal with this beast of a building! 


Finally on our way home! 


Our first apartment decorations! I love them! I also love Target!


Norman! He's a pretty cool guy AND he's still alive. I have had a lot of fish in my college career and I'm hoping this guy lasts a lot longer than they do... I struggle with fish for some reason. 


What a stud. He is 100% posing for the camera. 

If you're still there I would like to thank you for reading this mammoth of a post! I just wanted to get all caught up! Overall, it has been an amazing couple of weeks! We are so happy to be married and we are extremely thankful for all of the work and sacrifices that went in to the activities surrounding our wedding. We love and thank you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment